TOM YUM Soup for the Soul

BEWARE!!! SCROLL DOWN FOR HOT STUFF!

Subscribe

The Lift

Posted by Bangbang on Tuesday, May 22


This morning as I was on my way to get breakfast at work, I met with a small but significantly impactful incident that inspired me to make a post about. And it all happened inside a lift.
Inside the crowded lift, there were quite a few people and a particular guy who was pushing a trolley right in the center of the lift. At the 2nd floor landing, a guy who was right at the back of the lift attemped to get out but to no avail. Therefore, he stepped over the trolley and made his way out of the lift. Then a shrill and loud voice exclaimed:

Voice A: "Aiyoh why so rude one!!!"
Continues: How can people just step over our things like that?!? (Note: Two rolls of coiled up paper on a trolley)
Voice A: How can anyone do that? It's so rude!!!
Man holding trolley: Maybe he's just rushing for time la.

As that point of time, we reached the ground floor landing, ad I pressed the "door open", stared at the group still rambling on, waited for them to get out and heave a big sigh of disbelief. For a small matter like this, Voice A was making the heck of a wave! It was very obvious that the guy was stuck at the back of the lift, people in front of him didn't make way for him to alight and thus have to find some way to side-step and get out. And just because he step over some things, he was said to be rude. And i thought the person making that remark was more rude and insensitive. Had they try to make way, I think he would have easier gone out with ease.
Today it just showed me a little lesson. Learning to give a little way goes a long way to making life easier and happier. For some people, if you don't learn to emphasize and put yourself in other people's scenarios, you end up being narrow-minded and shallow instead. And talking of which, I was just reminded of another encounter I had yesterday and I shall share it in my next post.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)