TOM YUM Soup for the Soul

BEWARE!!! SCROLL DOWN FOR HOT STUFF!

Subscribe

Bridge to Terabithia

Posted by Bangbang on Monday, May 14






BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA
I'm sure most of us if not all of us had some childhood fantasy of our own. Like how we fantasize that we live in a totally different world, filled with mystical creatures or that we are prince and princesses of some noble land filled with breath-taking titles and trains of servants. Or perhaps we imagine ourselves to be knights and priestess clad in mighty armour, battling monsters and creatures of all shapes and abilities based just on our imaginations...
Well, that's what exactly this show is all about. I had the pleasure of catching it today with my "daughter" on a warm family outing. From the trailer, I would have expected it to be similar to the "Chronicles of Narnia", where the bridge leads to another kindgom world. But contrary to that there was no secret passageway, no hidden land to be discovered but only the imaginations of two fabulous young teens who let their imaginations run wild.
Though it didn't turn out as I expected, it was exceptionally better then I thought, with the brilliant acting from the two young leads and the choreographing of the scenes and storyline weaved into a typical 15 year old teen's life of a coping mechanism dealing with being isolated, bullied, deprived of father's love. It was imaginative but yet real and resounds in my heart. Not to mention the emotional roller coaster rides in the movies. A great mix of laughter, corny scenes, saddening acts and finally a "fairy-airy" happy ending.
Ask me if it's too kiddish or imaginative?!?! I would say YES. But ask me again if I will recomend the movie, I will say YES too. So go watch for yourself.

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)