TOM YUM Soup for the Soul

BEWARE!!! SCROLL DOWN FOR HOT STUFF!

Subscribe

What's your SHAPE?

Posted by Bangbang on Wednesday, September 24

Previously after hearing someone talk about being fit in all aspects of our lives, I resolved to get into SHAPE physically by running. Hence, yesterday after work, armed with my gf beside me, we went on a half-hour run around my workplace. The distance covered was roughly around 3-4km I think but at the end of it I was really exhausted. Perhaps it's age catching up and for lack of consistent exercise. Today as I came to work, could feel the strain on my body but as the speaker mentioned about training strength and stamina; it isn't until we feel that we are "dying" and come to the last ounce of our energy that strength and stamina is finally developed.

What's your SHAPE?? This is my definition of an ideal SHAPE. Do you have it?
S lim
H ealthy
A ppealing
P roportionate
E xercisable

For those of you out there who like me are lacking in fitness and not in shape, you might want to check out some running pose which I found online to motivate you to run better and keep in better shape. (http://www.posetech.com/library/pp-SH-0001.html)

1. THE RUNNING POSE Stand on the balls of your feet, knees bent. Bounce slightly without straightening the knees. The idea is to feel the springiness of the position without loosing your balance. Next, balance on one leg (again, on the ball of the foot), making sure your shoulders, hips and ankles are vertically aligned with the support leg.

2. FALL TO RUN Change your Running Pose from one leg to the other by falling forward and allowing gravity to do the work. Your support foot should be pulled from the ground to allow your body to fall forward, while the other foot drops down freely, in a change of support. In other words, running happens when you quickly alternate your Running Poses.

3. LANDING GEAR Landing on the heel created a breaking effect, and also sends shock forces up your knees. Your back leg also lingers in the air to counter-balance your stride which is a waste of time and tires the muscles unnecessarily. Instead, focus on placing your foot flat on the ground when you land, and bring your other foot up under your hip. Keep the knees bent to cushion the impact when you land.


DON'T GET OUT OF SHAPE!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Shem said...

What's my shape? Well I really need to get into shape... round is a shape right?

kermit said...

Aaaarghhhhhhh!!!! What a horrible looking CAT!!!!! *thinking* to run or not to run....

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)