TOM YUM Soup for the Soul

BEWARE!!! SCROLL DOWN FOR HOT STUFF!

Subscribe

Singapore F1 racing 2008

Posted by Bangbang on Friday, September 26



The long awaited hype is finally here. The F1 racing 2008 has commenced tonight with the practice runs taking place on the tracks. As of now, Louis Hamiliton appears to be in the lead with the best time of 1:49:352 and the rest are still warming up and in the bid to close the gap. Now of course I am not some fanatic racing fan or here trying to promote people to go for the actual race on the 28 Sep. I thought I just wanted to highlight a few things arising from this event that I encountered in one way or another.

(1) ROAD CLOSURE

Most of the major city roads were closed since the cars need places to race. And it had to be the most busy city areas that were closed so there were some places that I couldn't go to. For example I had wanted to pop by Marina Square for a bit of shopping last week but was sad to find that the major roads were closed and having to made a detour that took a longer time. @_@

(2) TEMPORARY STOPPAGE OF BUS SERVICES

Yesterday was trying to get home from Dobby Ghaut Park Mall and went on my usual practice of taking the express bus home. To my surprise, after waiting for 5 minutes and then I looked at the electronic board, there were many bus services that were temporary taken off service due to the F1 racing. @_@

(3) TRAFFIC JAMS

Today while trying to get my way back from Marine Parade to Bukit Merah area, my taxi passed by the ECP area near the racing grounds. And you can actually HEAR & see the racing going on but there were also a lot of other cars that were jamming up the highway either because they were trying to catch a glimpse of the racing or genuinely due to problem (1) and all cars had no place to go but to jam themselves up on the highway. And the result of that is my taxi fare chalking up additonal $$$. @_@

Looks like though the government supports the whole F1 racing, it's causing quite a bit of inconvenience for citizens like me. Just hope that it will end soon and we can get our roads back. LOL

P.S. Anyway, looks like F Alonso has overtaken L. Hamilton with the better timing of 1:45:356. Stay tuned to channel 5 for more racing news. (",)

0 comments:

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)